Saturday, April 2, 2011

March

It's been a while since my last post, as it always is. In the past 4 weeks a few exciting things have happened. Here are the updates.

3 weeks ago, Agos visited. We had an exciting week full of doener, shopping, and laughing (especially when she fell into a puddle on our way to the mall. :)) We went to Dresden and hung out with some of her friends and saw the Frauenkirche, and we, of course, went shopping. :) We also went to the coolest looking city I've ever seen, it's called Meissen and it's somewhere near Dresden. It was so medival looking and just...cool. I'd love to go back sometime. :)


Atop the Frauenkirche


Meissen

I changed host families two weeks ago. I've got to say, I really, really like this family. :) I have a host mom, a host dad, a host sister, and a host dog. I love how active and family-like this family is. We sit after dinner and lunch and breakfast and just talk, and I like that. And we're always up to something. They seem excited to show me places I havent seen before, which is good, because I want to see as much as I can. And something I think is really cool: My first two families were East German, my new family is West German. So while they're very similar to my first two families, they're also a little different. I'm getting to see how the other half lives. :) On Monday, I'm leaving for EUROTOUR! Very exciting. Berlin, Dresden, Vienna, Prague, Innsbruck, Rome, Venice, Neuschwanstein, Munich, and a few other places along the way. 18 days of traveling, then Easter. :) Which means I'm not going to school again until May. And by then I'll have only 2 months left here in Germany. This year has gone by too fast. So until after Eurotour. :)) Kaite

No comments:

Post a Comment