Thursday, October 14, 2010

Ostsee, Ostsee, and more Ostsee (actually not, only twice:))

So, as you can tell by the title of this post, I've spent a lot of time on the Ostsee (Baltic Sea) the past 2 weeks. Trip #1 was with my school class and trip #2 was with my host family. So I'll tell you about them one by one, starting with the first one.

Trip #1
I left last Monday for a city called Markgrafenheide. We stayed in cute little bungalows not too far from the beach. If it weren't October it would have been perfect. :) Day one we just went grocery shopping (lunch wasnt provided and we had cute little kitchens in our cute little bungalows). The rest of the day was free time. Day 2 we went to probably theeeee scariest place ever. Just a tip: if someone ever mentions the word "Kletterwald" RUN FOR YOUR LIFE! I'm not even kidding. It's like this place and theres trees and cables and your attached to the cables and you glide from tree to tree....while 8 meters in the air.....and nothings holding you there except for a clippy thing or two. Actually, I dont think it can even acurately be described in words. Let me find you all a generic picture courtesy of google.
This is actually the actual one we were at. So as you can see, you climb to the top of the tree and swing on the cables to the next tree. And sometimes you just hold onto a rope and swing like tarzan. It's crazy and scary and Kaite is NEVER doing it again. :) Day 3 we rode our bikes about 4 miles to a strange strawberry place, hung out there for a few hours and rode 4 miles back. Day 4 we walked about 2.5 miles on the beach to a city called Warnemuende or something like that. On the way we saw a seal, which was cool. The city was okay. There wasnt much to do though. Day 5 we packed our bags and headed home. And that's the brief overview of my class trip.
Trip #2

I got home on Friday from my classtrip. On Sunday, my host family and I left for yet another Ostsee adventure. :) This time we went to a place called Koserow on an island somewhere on the Ostsee. When we got there we walked around and explored and did a "mini" hiking thing. (Their version of mini and mine differ quiiiiiitttteee a lot.) Day 2 we got bikes and rode soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo (the number of o's I put after the s doesnt even acurately describe just how far we rode) far. I just looked it up. 22.6 km ONE WAY. Insane. But we went to a musuem, Historical Technical Museum of Peenemuende. Yeah. Then we rode alllllllllll the way back. Day 3 we went to Poland! Yes, so we went to Poland, which was just like driving to a different state because there was no border patrol just a sign that said "Welcome to Poland" or the Polish equivilant of it. And we went to a Polish market which was pretty darn cool if I do say so myself. :P Day 4 (today) we went to another museum, a cool one, kinda like COSI but not nearly as cool, but still pretty cool. And then we drove home.

And that concludes my post on my Ostsee trips. Enjoy the pictures that follow and stay tuned for my next post about PARIS!! (I leave in 9 freaking days!!)

Polish Market (Trip #2)

They went swimming. :) (Trip #1)

Strawberry place with giant table (trip #1)

strawberry place with the cool bear (trip #1)

on the beach (trip #1)

Okay so we might have lied just a tad. :) At some comments book at the historical technical museum (trip #2)

That's it.

Bis Bald,

Kaite

No comments:

Post a Comment